By Hook or By Crook

"Oh yes I did buy more yarn, Honey."

Name:
Location: United States

Tap dancing on the edge since 1971.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Goodnight, and....

...joy be to you all.

(This blog is now closed.)

----------------------

The Parting Glass
by Shaun Davey
(From Waking Ned)

"All the money that e're I had,
I spent it in good company;
and all the harm I've ever done-
alas, it was to none but me.

And all I've done for want of wit,
to memory now I can't recall;
So fill to me the parting glass;
goodnight, and joy be to you all.

Fill to me the parting glass,
and drink a health what e're befalls;
Then gently rise and softly call
'goodnight and joy be to you all'.

Of all the comrades that e're I had,
-they're sorry for my going away;
and all the sweethearts that e're I had-
-they'd wish me one more day to stay.

Since it fell into my lot
that I should rise and you should not;
I gently rise and softly call;
'goodnight and joy be to you all.'

But since it fell into my lot
that I should rise and you should not
I gently rise and softly call,
'goodnight and joy be to you all'.

So fill to me the parting glass
and drink a health what e're befalls,
then gently rise and soflty call
'goodnight and joy be to you all'."

1 Comments:

Blogger Lulu said...

i'm praying and think of you often my friend..

7/13/2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home